As this quarter ends and the next one begins, you might be in the mood to try something new or to get out of your comfort zone. One of the best ways to do that is to give an unfamiliar hobby a go.
Everyone knows that staying active is important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The Physical Activity Guidelines determined by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion recommends adults get a certain amount of exercise each week:
Either a) 150 minutes each week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity (such as brisk walking or tennis) or b) 75 minutes each week of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity (such as jogging or swimming laps).
So, we at The Ebbtide went to our secret lab under the 2800 Building and concocted a foolproof quiz that allows you to find the perfect activity that matches your life. Using a highly scientific method developed over centuries, we have managed to delve deep within your psyche to find what makes you tick, and have subsequently applied it in exactly the manner you’d have thought we would: intramural sports.
- Which television relationship can you most relate to?
1. Sheldon Cooper & Amy Farrah Fowler (“Big Bang Theory”)
2. Monica Geller & Chandler Bing (“Friends”)
3. Ross Geller & Rachel Green (“Friends”)
4. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West (“Keeping Up With The Kardashians”)
- If you had to work out, which song would you prefer to work out to?
1. “Cheeseburger In Paradise” – Jimmy Buffett
2. “All I Do Is Win” – DJ Khaled
3. “Look What You Made Me Do” – Taylor Swift
4. “I’m Shipping Up To Boston” – Dropkick Murphys
- Which of these three movies would you take with you to a desert island?
1. “The Sound of Music” (The hills are alive!!!)
2. “Guardians of the Galaxy”
3. “Point Break”
- What does your typical Saturday beverage consumption look like?
1. Sipping lemonade or iced tea
2. Tasting wine
3. Chugging beer
4. Staying hydrated with
good ol’ quality H20
- What’s closest to the top of your Netflix queue?
1. “The Office”
2. “Stranger Things”
3. Not “Stranger Things” because I’ve already finished it
4. Any Jason Statham movie
- How would you be most likely to spend $100?
1. Put it in the bank
2. New gadgets or a nice dinner
3. Amusement park or to go snowboarding
4. The first thing I see!
- Which Disney character do you feel best represents your experience?
3. Buzz Lightyear
- What form does your Patronus, or spirit animal, take?
4. Lion, tiger, panther — any type of big cat
- How do you pronounce “tomato”?
- On the night of your final exam, are you:
1. Cool as a cucumber, having already studied thoroughly
2. Cramming frantically
3. Out partying
Done? Great, now tally up your score and consult the following handy chart.
Intramural Scoring Guide:
31-33: Personal training
25-27: Ping pong
10-12: Trail walking
Take a look at the intramural calendar here for the time and place that your intramural club meets!