3 ripe avocados
½ small white or red onion
2 roma tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1. Cut avocados in half, remove pit and skin and place in a medium bowl. Mash avocados with a fork until smooth with some small chunks.
2. Dice the onion and tomatoes and add to the bowl.
3. Squeeze lime over ingredients and mix together gently.
4. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with corn chips.
Recipe by: Elizabeth Joyce Kreutzer
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips or small chocolate candies
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. In a second large bowl, thoroughly mix the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate candies.
4. Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Using an offset spatula, spread batter into skillet. Scatter remaining 1/4 cup chocolate candies on top. Bake 25 minutes.
5. Cover with foil, then bake 5 to 10 minutes, until the cookie begins to pull away from edges of the pan but is still soft. Cool 30 minutes before slicing into wedges.
Recipe by: www.today.comrecipe has been lightly edited
Homemade Pretzel Bites with Dipping Sauces
1½ cups warm water
2¼ teaspoons fast acting yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
4½ cups all purpose flour, plus more if needed
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ cup baking soda
1 tablespoon water
Honey Mustard Sauce
¼ cup stone ground mustard
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Ssalt and pepper
1. Stir yeast and water together and allow to rest for 1 minute.
2. Add salt, sugar and butter and stir until combined.
3. Add in flour, 1 cup at a time. If dough is still sticking to the bottom, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
4. Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
5. Shape into a ball and place the dough in a large bowl lightly coated in oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm area for 10 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 425 F Line two large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or butter and set aside.
7. Cut dough into 6 sections and roll each section into a long (about 20 inches) rope.
8. Cut into 1½ inch bite size pieces.
9. Boil 9 cups of water with the baking soda.
10. Drop 8-10 pretzel bites into the water at a time making sure not to overcrowd. Cook for 20 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure the bites aren’t touching.
11. Combine the egg and water and whisk until combined and brush egg wash over each pretzel bite. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a couple of minutes on the pan. Serve with sauces and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Sauce
Thoroughly whisk stone ground mustard and honey together.
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
2. Add in flour and whisk until combined. Continue to whisk for 1 minute.
3. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking continuously until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by: www.chefsavvy.comrecipe has been lightly edited