A kiss, a hug, a held hand. These acts of affection are seen in many places around campus –
and according to a quick informal survey held on campus by the Ebbtide, most people are OK
with it... up to a point.
At SCC, many people are fine with Public Displays of Affection (PDA), as long as it does not
go beyond handholding, quick hugs, and kisses goodbye. However, some people around
campus view PDA a bit differently. Among them: a barista, a student, a librarian, and an
The Ebbtide has won a General Excellence from the Pacific Northwest Association of Journalism Educators.
It took third place in the 2015 General Excellence category and third place in the Publication Sweeps category. Sweeps awards go to papers with the highest number of first-, second- and third-place award winners in individual categories, such as sports reporting and opinion writing.
Among the Ebbtide’s individual winners: Aaron Berry and Stephanie Olsen (General News), Aaron Berry (Features), Ben Nason (Reviews), Tyson Baty (Reviews), Brian Quinn (Sports Photo), Randy Hatfield (Portrait Photo), Nicole Kline (Page Design) and the Ebbtide staff (Headlines). Kellen Lambert-Vail received an honorable mention in the Editorial Cartoons category.
This is the seventh time in nine years the Ebbtide has earned a General Excellence award in this contest. The contest was previously sponsored by Washington Community College Journalism Association.
- Bullying 10 months 2 weeks ago
- According to NWAC rules the 10 months 3 weeks ago
- What Happened to the Fishbowl? 11 months 5 days ago
- It is dangerous for women to rape men compared to boys 11 months 3 weeks ago
- the Library's meaning of quiet 1 year 1 day ago
- quiet in the library and the use of foul language 1 year 1 week ago
- Send Your Enemies Glitter 1 year 3 weeks ago
- Grosir Tas Wanita 1 year 1 month ago
- Test, just a test 1 year 5 months ago
- Add new comment | The Ebbtide | Shoreline Student Newspaper 1 year 5 months ago